Operations Manager (m/f/x)
To further develop our activities in our Mechelen office we are looking for a dedicated colleague. Are you a dynamic and experienced Operations Manager looking for a new and exciting challenge in the Life Sciences industry?Where we need your help:
- You lead and oversee the daily operations of the engineering teams ensuring smooth and efficient processes: you oversee all projects of VTU in Belgium, throughout all project phases and ensure projects are successfully delivered
- You are responsible for the resource allocation in collaboration with Project Managers
- You are the line manager of a multidisciplinary
team of highly skilled professionals providing guidance, mentorship, and fostering a culture of excellence
- When required Project, Engineering or
Construction management on business critical projects
- You are responsible for financial results on all projects. You install project controls supported by our project controlling and project accounting departments
- You monitor and analyse key performance indicators for EHS, quality, cost and schedule to identify areas for improvement and implement corrective actions as needed
- You ensure VTU standards compliance (in collaboration with the “Head of” related discipline)
- You maintain compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards
- You develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, partners and stakeholders
- You contribute to proposals in support of business development
- You stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to drive innovation and maintain a competitive edge
- You report to the Managing Director
What you bring along:
- Degree in Engineering
or equivalent through experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in operations or engineering manager or in a similar leadership role in the in the (bio-)pharmaceutical, chemical or related process industries;
- Demonstrated track record in project management including the implementation of EPCM plant engineering projects in highly regulated process industries.
- You possess strong leadership skills and have the ability to inspire and motivate a team
- You have problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are paramount, ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- You are a born communicator and with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively across various teams and stakeholders
- Proficiency of English and Dutch or French; German or the willingness to learn other languages are an asset
What is waiting for you:
- Exciting, challenging and varied tasks
- A good working atmosphere with flat hierarchies
- A highly motivated team that is always happy to welcome new members
- VTU Academy: internal and external training and personal development opportunities
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits’ package
- Plenty of room for your ideas and the opportunity to contribute with your individual strengths
At VTU Engineering, we plan and deliver high-end industrial facilities for the life sciences, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, chemicals, metallurgy and oil & gas sectors. We offer the highest expertise in all project phases from process development, project management, basic and detail engineering up to a successful start-up.
Our corporate culture
is characterized by flat hierarchies with trusting and appreciative cooperation and a collegial tone. We promote open communication and welcome new ideas, initiative and curiosity for innovative working methods, solutions and methods.
The key strength of VTU Engineering is in our eyes our strong team spirit. This welds us together and leads to a constructive and enriching cooperation that is characterized by mutual support and encouragement. Because at VTU everyone pulls together.
KontaktVTU Engineering Belgium
Senior HR Business Partner
Du fühlst dich angesprochen? Werde Teil unseres Teams!
Wir freuen uns auf Deine Bewerbung über unser Online-Portal!