Senior Process Engineer (m/f/d)
Are you eager to accompany clients as well for a scale-up from research batches to market-ready production as for the design of large scale plants in all areas of the pharmaceutical industry? Would you like to be an integral part of the exciting development of our operations in Belgium? As an international technology group, VTU Engineering opens the door for you to the next step of your process engineering career!
Where we need your help:
- In our pharmaceutical, biotechnological and chemical projects, lead and be part of the process design team and coordinate the stakeholders involved (customer organization, engineers, suppliers) across all project phases
- Lead and carry out the execution of process engineering from design to project handover to the customer including C&Q
- Coordinate and participate to the preparation of mass flow diagram, blocks diagram and P&IDs of the designed installations
- Lead and carry out the specification and selection of equipment and components, including analysis, comparison and appraisal of suppliers’ tenders according to technical points, taking into account customer specifications
- Organize the interfaces during plants construction or refurbishment and apply process engineering know-how during commissioning
- Provide project management support from the offer (definition of goals, cost calculations, staffing) through project implementation (reporting) to project handover to the customer
- Train young process engineers and be the contact person for your colleagues for technical questions in process engineering
What you bring along:
- Higher education in Chemical Technology, Chemical and Process Engineering, Bio-technology or similar
- 10+ years’ experience in process engineering (particularly in the biotech and pharmaceutical sectors)
- Readiness to work as part of the team with people of various disciplines
- Very good English and Dutch or French language skills, both written and spoken, as well as excellent IT user skills
- Social competence, ability to work in a team and excellent communication skills as well as a high degree of independence
What is waiting for you:
- A good working atmosphere with flat hierarchies
- A young and highly motivated team that is always happy to welcome new members
- A modern and easily accessible office in Mechelen
- VTU Academy: internal and external training and personal development opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Part-taking in international projects
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits’ package
- Plenty of room for your ideas and the opportunity to contribute your individual strengths
At VTU Engineering, we plan and deliver high-end industrial facilities for the life sciences, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, chemicals, metallurgy and oil & gas sectors. We offer the highest expertise in all project phases from process development, project management, basic and detail engineering up to a successful start-up.
With us all career opportunities are open to you and we give you the necessary creative freedom to fully develop your talents. Wherever possible, we support you with further and advanced training offers and by passing on our wealth of knowledge and experience. With a modern working environment, we also offer the best framework conditions so that you feel comfortable with us. This is ensured above all by our corporate culture, which is characterized by flat hierarchies with trusting and appreciative cooperation and a collegial tone. We promote open communication and welcome new ideas, initiative and curiosity for innovative working methods, solutions and methods. Because despite our size, we take the opinions and needs of all our employees seriously.
A key strength of VTU Engineering is our strong team spirit. This welds us together and leads to a constructive and enriching cooperation that is characterized by mutual support and encouragement. Because at VTU everyone pulls together.
KontaktVTU Engineering Belgium BV
Senior HR Business Partner
Du fühlst dich angesprochen? Werde Teil unseres Teams!
Wir freuen uns auf Deine Bewerbung über unser Online-Portal!